The next Two-Day Mixed Media Workshop date is TBD
Private Class dates are full for November 2022
About Workshops or Classes
Here's how it goes...
Whether you're taking a two day workshop or a private class, I teach my own method of painting using acrylics, collage, oil paint, cold wax, and other mediums. A few helpful points:
- Odorless solvents are used in the studio. People with chemical sensitivity should be aware that all solvents have some fumes.
- There is zero emphasis on finishing what you create during a workshop or class. You may or may not complete a painting in our time together. The focus of the class is on exploration and learning techniques that can be further explored in your own practice.
- The price includes all materials, painting boards, and a pizza & salad lunch on both days. Other meals and/or lodging are the student's responsibility.
Please note: I'm unable to accommodate specific food allergies in the included lunch. There is refrigeration on site if you wish to bring your own bag lunch.
- I'll cover some basics of composition for painting. Ideas about the impact of color, value, and some color theory are also discussed. Whether your work is abstract, figurative, or anywhere in between, it relies on some critical principles to communicate what you want to convey.
- Two day workshops will be limited to four students.
- No experience is necessary, though I ask that participants approach the work with a sense of adventure and above all, a willingness to step outside of their own unique box. If feeling a little off-balance, or even a little in-over-your-head gets your blood pumping, this class is for you!
- My studio is a walk-up on the second floor of a large industrial building. The building does not have an elevator. You may be carrying some materials up or down many steps.
Sounds great! How much?
Private One Day Classes - $300/day
Available dates: November 5 or 6 - or email me your preferences (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Price includes all materials, and a pizza & salad lunch.
Class is 10 - 3:30. Lunch is approx 30 minutes.
Two Day Weekend Workshops - $425
three students max
Price includes all materials, and a pizza & salad lunch both days.
Each day runs 10 - 3:30. Lunch is approx 30 minutes.
Workshops and classes are always hands-on. You'll be creating through the day. I offer a demonstration of each step, then encourage students to interpret, with guidance throughout.
Or, further questions welcome: email@example.com